Biologically inspired approaches have already proved successful in achieving major breakthroughs in a wide variety of problems in information technology (IT). A more recent trend is to explore the applicability of bio-inspired approaches to the development of self-organizing, evolving, adaptive and autonomous information technologies, which will meet the requirements of next-generation information systems, such as diversity, scalability, robustness, and resilience. These new technologies will become a base on which to build a networked symbiotic environment for pleasant, symbiotic society of human beings in the 21st century. |
Bio-ADIT 2004 will be the first international workshop to present original research results in the field of bio-inspired approaches to advanced information technologies. It will also serve to foster the connection between biological paradigms and solutions to building the next-generation information systems.
- October 13, 2004 - The proceedings of Bio-ADIT 2004 are out. Please see here for further information.
- April 13, 2004 - The videos of the talks are online. Please see the links in the program.
- January 31, 2004 - Bio-ADIT 2004 is over. It was a great success. The organizing committee wishes to thank all the participants for coming to Lausanne. This web-site will be updated with information about the proceedings and videos of the talks.
- January 16, 2004 - Registration deadline extension to January, 23.
- January 15, 2004 - BioADIT will be broadcasted by streaming video .
- December 16, 2003 - Instructions for the poster formatting is available.
- December 12, 2003 - The final program is online. Note that Session 2 and 4 have
been exchanged compared to the advance program of Nov 15. New: Special Talk by Pekka Karp, Future and Emerging Technologies, European Commission: Bio-Inspired Intelligent Information Systems: a New European Initiative
- November 19, 2003 - Additional formatting instructions for authors on the submission page.
- November 17, 2003 - Preliminary technical program is online.
- November 13, 2003 - The registration is now open.
- November 10, 2003 - The notifications of acceptance have been sent to the authors.
- October 21, 2003 - Titles of invited talks are online.
- September 19, 2003 - Due to the extension of the submission deadline, the notification of acceptance has been postponed to November 10, 2003.
- September 19, 2003 - Submission deadline passed. The TPC received a big number of submissions.